...then making it through the "awkard" TWA to mid-length stage, where it wasn't really short, but still wasn't very long either.
I finally started to inch my way to the "collar bone and below" stage. That's what we all want as naturals...right?
I finally had enough here to shake, blow in the wind and rock an unruly and quite offensive braid-out or twist-out from time to time...
BUT....I decided to chop it ALL off! Yep! Well...not all of it but the majority of my hair is gone. I'm right back at the TWA stage, on purpose and I LOVE IT!!
A few things that I never thought about when making the decision to return to my natural roots:
1. I never thought that i'd ever really have to use a "Pic" to style my hair.
2. I never imagined having to use SO much conditioner...ever!
3. I never thought that I'd receive so much ridicule over my appearance.
4. I never imagined the growth, spiritually, that i'd experience.
5. And once getting some good length on my shoulders, I never thought i'd cut it again!
Secondly, I had tried probably every natural style out there! From wearing it protected in braids and updo's to wearing "out"-styles, i've tried them all! Quite frankly, I was bored with it.
Lastly, it wasn't nappy enough. LOL! Really, from the pulling and tugging, a few iron outs and some color, my curl pattern had really loosened. So one day, after trying a twist out and having one section not give me ANY act right, I went in with my scissors! *Chop, Chop*
I've been rocking my Tapered-ish, TWA for about 4 weeks now.